‘Weblogin’ is the UTORauth web single sign-on service. It is used with hundreds of University services to provide authentication via UTORid/password/eToken. It also provides ‘coarse-grained’ authorization attributes such as affiliation and email address which can be used by services to create and maintain local accounts as well as restrict access. Weblogin uses Shibboleth as the underlying technology.
Getting Started with Weblogin
To install, configure and operate a shibboleth service provider under weblogin, consult the documentation page here:
To use attributes supplied by the IdP, consult the following page:
- Development Shib Environment (ITS-EASI)
For ITS – EASI developer staff, please consult the following to make use of the development shib environment:
- Federated Access to Canadian and World-Wide Services
The University’s Weblogin service is integrated with the Canadian Access Federation, a Canada-wide service that provides:
- Weblogin access integration with other Canadian higher-ed services.
- University of Toronto services access via other Canadian institution access systems.
- Integration with eduGAIN – a service that extends the Canadian higher-ed federated capability to educational institutions in the United States and across the world.
For information on using these services, see the CANARIE site: https://www.canarie.ca/identity/ or contact Information Security staff.