What is Weblogin?
As a User
Weblogin is the page you see appear for many applications, including Mail and the Portal, allowing you to login with your UTORid and password
Please always make sure this is a real page from the University of Toronto, and not a page that is trying to trick you into giving away your login and password.
- Check the URL
- Check the Green University of Toronto (CA) lock
- Note. These are shown within the red rectangle. The rectangle does not appear on the page.
As a Technical User
‘Weblogin’ is the UTORauth web single sign-on service. It is used with hundreds of University services to provide authentication via UTORid/password/eToken. It also provides ‘coarse-grained’ authorization attributes such as affiliation and email address which can be used by services to create and maintain local accounts as well as restrict access. Weblogin uses Shibboleth as the underlying technology.
Getting Started with Weblogin
To install, configure and operate a shibboleth service provider under weblogin, consult the documentation page here:
To use attributes supplied by the IdP, consult the following page:
There is a testbed environment for testing of non-standard configuration or newer functionality. Please email the following with details:
- Development Shib Environment (ITS-EASI)
For ITS – EASI developer staff, please consult the following to make use of the development shib environment:
- Federated Access to Canadian and World-Wide Services
The University’s Weblogin service is integrated with the Canadian Access Federation, a Canada-wide service that allows:
- Weblogin to be used to access other Canadian non-University services.
- University of Toronto service access via other Canadian institution access systems.
- Integration with eduGAIN – a service that extends the federated capability to educational institutions in the United States and across the world.
For information on using these services, see the CANARIE site: https://www.canarie.ca/identity/ or contact Information Security staff.