Obtaining access to ROSI
The process for obtaining ROSI access is as follows
- Your business officer will submit ROSI access request to the appropriate ROSI representative
- Once request is approved and completed, users can immediately access the system via eToken connection
Using your eToken to access ROSI
Here is a step-by-step guide to using eToken to access ROSI:
- Connect eToken
- Connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Open ROSI client
- Select any certificate in pop window. Select ‘OK’
- Enter you eToken password. Select ‘OK’
- ROSI reads the eToken directly and gives the User direct access
Using your eToken to access multiple ROSI accounts
eToken directly accesses ROSI, connecting to only one ROSI ID. Some U of T staff may have more than one ROSI ID requiring a slightly different log-in process for their second account. Here are instructions to do so using Entire Connect:
- Connect eToken
- Connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Open the second ROSI client
- Enter ROSI ID and password
Multiple ROSI Accounts: Designating Primary and Secondary ROSI Accounts
For users who have two ROSI accounts a primary account should be established for use with Host Explorer. The secondary account will only be accessible with use of a ROSI password via Entire Connect.
Your primary account will be the account that auto-connects with eToken when logging in through Host Explorer.
If you have two existing accounts and wish to establish your primary account please follow the following steps:
- Please contact email@example.com with the subject line ROSI Primary Account Designation
- Please provide the service with both existing ROSI IDs and establish which is to be primary and which is to be secondary.
If you are requesting a new ROSI account and would like to have your new account replace an existing account as your primary log-in please follow these steps:
- Please have your ROSI Access Control representative indicate the desire to switch primary access to the new account when submitting the access request form.
- The request will also have to list your second ROSI ID in order to facilitate the switch.
ROSI Password Requests
Some users will require a ROSI password to use in conjunction with Entire Connect when accessing ROSI. This is typical should a user have two ROSI accounts or if a user is connecting to ROSI using OS X
If you have forgotten your password or have been given a new account that requires the use of a ROSI password please follow the following steps:
- Please contact ROSI.HELP@utoronto.ca with the subject line ROSI request
- Please provide the service with your ROSI ID, UTORid, and UofT phone number