The SafeNet Authentication client (SAC) must be installed on all MacOSX desktop computers on which the eToken will be used. This document describes the procedure for installing and configuring the MacOSX client.
***Current Information on MacOSX eToken Client Compatibility***
The currently available version of the SAC MacOSX client (version 9.1) provides support for MacOSX versions 10.9.x, 10.10.x, and 10.11.x.
Desktop Installation and Configuration:
- The SAC is packaged in .dmg format and can be downloaded from https://secure.sis.utoronto.ca/.
- If you are planning to upgrade MacOSX, please do so before upgrading the SAC client. Run the installer to do a new install or upgrade the existing version.
- Once installed, a SAC icon is displayed indicating client operation.
- Please note that, in general, the eToken client vendor support lags new releases of MacOSX. Do not upgrade MacOSX until verifying that the eToken client works.
- Insert an eToken into a USB port. Right click on the SAC icon and select ‘Tools’ for a GUI which shows the contents of the eToken.
- Select ‘Change password’ to change an eToken password.