HostExplorer Windows Client
This document describes the procedure for configuring desktop access for the Windows HostExplorer client from OpenText with the etoken and Cisco AnyConnect client.
- Possession of eToken with UTORauth-issued certificate and a current version of the SafeNet client installed on Windows hosts.
- Installed Cisco AnyConnect VPN client configured for use with the eToken.
- HostExplorer client with SP 10 and the eToken hotfix installed. Instruction and software for this at: https://secure.sis.utoronto.ca/software/open-text-hostexplorer/
- Staff authorization configured.
Note: Some users have more than one ROSI id. For this case, one ROSI id is connected to the eToken. The other ROSI ids must be used with a password. To set up such a person, please follow BOTH sets of instructions below:
For a user with one ROSI id:
The following documentation applies to users who have one login ID. For users who have two login IDs, then the following documentation should be used for one of the login IDs. For the second login ID, see subsection below. Note that for the second login, users will be prompted for their login ID and a password. The password is the same as that used for the Rocketshuttle client.
The configuration instructions are here: ROSI HostExplorer for Windows
Start the Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
Start HostExplorer using the desktop icon.
To eliminate the certificate selector popup, make the following config change: options -> security SSL/TLS -> �prompt for user certificate’ button � change to �select user certificate’, click the widget on the right and pick the UTORauth cert.
For a user with more than one ROSI id:
Set up a second HostExplorer profile as follows:
- Connection hostname: zos.adminsys.utoronto.ca
- Connection port: 2301
Create a separate desktop icon for this configuration. No other configuration is needed.
- Start the Cisco VPN.
- Start HostExplorer using the ‘second ROSI id’ profile desktop icon.