The Firefox browser may need to be configured to use the eToken as a certificate store. ‘May’ because the SAC client installation is supposed to detect the presence of Firefox and carry out the configuration. But, in practice, that may not happen. The following simple instructions describe how to manually configure Firefox for Windows, MacOSX and Linux.
- Possession of eToken with UTORauth-issued certificate and a current version of the SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC) installed.
Configuring Firefox/Windows OS.
- Navigate to options -> Certificates tab -> Security Devices button
- Select ‘Load’ button. Enter ‘eToken’ in the Module Name field.
- Module filename: c:\windows\system32\etpkcs11.dll -> OK button.
- Select Settings -> Advanced -> Encryption tab -> Security Devices
- Select ‘Load’ button. Module filename: /usr/local/lib/libeTPkcs11.dylib
- Select Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Encryption -> Security Devices
- Select ‘Load’ button. Module filename: /usr/lib/libeTPkcs11.so