The SafeNet Authentication client (SAC) must be installed on all Windows desktop computers on which the eToken will be used. This document describes the procedure for installing and configuring the Windows client.
Note: This document describes a limited installation for Microsoft Windows desktop computers suitable for staff home computers. It does not include the following functionality:
- support for the Departmental Admin (DA) functions, ie. enrolling new users, unassigning users, assigning replacements for lost eTokens, etc.
- support for end user certificate self renewal.
If this functionality is needed, please use the following documents: Administrator Information for Windows non-Domain-attached Computers or Administrator Information for Windows Domain-attached Computers.
Desktop Installation and Configuration:
- The SAC is packaged in installer and .msi formats and can be downloaded from https://secure.sis.utoronto.ca. or https://isops.noc.utoronto.ca/download (student access). It can be installed in a domain-attached or stand-alone environment.
- Once installed, a SAC icon in the systray indicates the client is running.
- Insert an eToken into a USB port. Right click on the SAC systray icon and select ‘Tools’ for a GUI which shows the contents of the eToken.
- Select ‘Change password’ to change an eToken password.