In these workshops, you will learn about information risk management and data governance principles and how they can be used to effectively govern data and reduce risk to the University data assets your unit handles.
The workshop combines instruction with opportunities to work in the assessment tool, and to discuss and learn from other workshop participants. At the end of instruction, participants are invited to stay in the online classroom and continue to interact with the tools while DAI-IRSA team members are available to answer any questions.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand data governance principles and how University data are used to add value to the University
- Understand basic risk principles and how they relate to data assets and cybersecurity at U of T
- Use the DAI-IRSA to learn more about cybersecurity and information risk management practices
- Describe the data assets your unit manages at a high level
- Assess the information risk management activities in your unit
- Use the DAI-IRSA to identify gaps and create an Information Risk Management Program
You may register to access the DAI-IRSA tool before the workshop, so that you can participate in the practical learning elements. Live demonstrations of the tool will also be provided.
Data Governance and Information Risk Concepts Primer
Practical Application in the inventory and assessment tools
Wednesday December 2, 2020
1:00 – 3:00 PM. Register
Monday December 14, 2020
2:00 – 4:00 PM. Register
Wednesday January 13, 2021
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Register