Unit Data Asset Inventories and Information Risk Self-Assessments are due by January 31, 2021.
After the deadline, we will take a snapshot of the responses for leadership reporting and institutional analysis. For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
We recommend the following approach to complete the process:
- Register for access to the survey and reporting tools here. Include any delegates who will be assisting with collecting or compiling responses. Please allow one day for account creation
- Complete 2 – 3 data asset inventory forms
- Answer/update the 18 priority questions in the risk assessment questionnaire, and mark the form as complete
Have any questions? Come to a drop-in session! The next session will be on Friday January 22 starting @ 11:30 AM. Click here to join.
Describe your data | Assess your risks | Make informed decisions
The Data Asset Inventory and Unit Information Risk Self-Assessment (DAI-IRSA) at the University of Toronto is a university-wide initiative to enable units to actively manage their information risk and data governance and to broaden the understanding of shared challenges across the University.
Completing the program will provide you with:
- A better understanding of your data assets and the information risk management activities in your unit, facilitating informed decision-making
- An Information Risk Management Program (IRMP) for your unit, satisfying the requirements of the Policy on Information Security and Protection of Digital Assets
- A record of the data assets in your unit; laying the foundation for formal data governance practices and prioritizing data assets to target with your information risk management efforts