The AnyConnect VPN client is used to gain access to University-wide administrative systems such as ROSI and AMS. This document describes the procedure for installing and configuring the Linux client.
- Possession of eToken with UTORauth-issued certificate and a current version of the SafeNet client installed on the Linux host.
- Staff authorization configured. The AnyConnect client will not connect unless at least one authorization is configured. This is configured when the appropriate forms are filled out, approved and submitted to ROSI and AMS business contacts.
Desktop Configuration and Installation:
- The AnyConnect client is packaged in tar format and can be downloaded from https://secure.sis.utoronto.ca/. It can also be installed direct from the VPN server using Firefox or Chrome via Java. When installing from the VPN server, connect to https://port.eis.utoronto.ca with the eToken connected.
- Connect the eToken.
- Start the AnyConnect client using either Firefox or Chrome. Enter the following URL: https://port.eis.utoronto.ca. The AnyConnect client will display a ‘Connected’ status on completion of connection. Note that connecting from the AnyConnect client does not work – a browser must be used.
- To disconnect the tunnel, use the ‘Disconnect’ button on the client.